Technology Learning Center (TLC)
CCC Confer Office Hours - Tips
What you can do with CCCConfer Open Office Hours:
- Schedule regular open-door sessions
- Hold review sessions
- Offer tutoring, counseling and coaching sessions
- Students can work on group projects
- Everyone can attend with closed-captioning and slide descriptions
Prior to using office hours, students and teacher should:
- Run the Set-up Wizard to make sure that the computer is equipped
Instructors need to also:
- Request office space at least 2-days in advance (Click on “Office
Hours Request” under the “Schedule” section of the CCCConfer left-hand
- When your office hours will be a recurring event make sure that you
schedule multiple dates on the same initial form by placing the
additional dates in the “Comments” section of the form. This will ensure
that the same pass-code will be assigned for these events.
- Login about 10 minutes before office hours
- Post information for students
- Post a picture of yourself
- Work with an assistant if you will have a large group
- Press *7 to close the telephone line to new callers (used for
private phone conversation). Press *7 again to open the line.
When you’re ready to start your office hours (whether student or
- click on the “Office Hours” link underneath the Log In section of
the CCCConfer left-hand menu-bar.
- locate your session
- click on the appropriate radio-button
- click “Go”
- complete the login page information
- click “Log In”
Within the Office Hours space there are three areas:
- The content area where the teacher can display content, or the
students can if the teacher has given them permission.
- The text discussion area, to conduct real-time text chats.
- The participants list area, showing those who are logged in,
allowing for hand-raising and polling.
Instructors may want to consider some advanced uses of office hours such
- Making it interactive with simple polling of yes/no questions
- Include open-ended questions for more in-depth responses
- Annotate slides and images on the e-Board
- Learn by showing with “Application Sharing”