Welcome to the JEC Center!
Job, Entrepreneur, and Career (JEC) Center
The JEC Center at Porterville College provides personalized services and programs. Whether you need help choosing a major, exploring careers, starting your own business, or developing job search skills, our staff is here to help you make the necessary preparations to achieve your goals and to ensure a successful transition from academic life to the working world.
- Why use the Porterville College JEC Center?
- If you need assistance with your career choice.
- To learn which career options are available to you.
- To find information about occupations.
- To learn how to search for a job.
- To learn about business planning.
- To learn about small business funding resources.
- To learn how to market your business.
- What does each service provide?
The Job, Entrepreneur, and Career Center has:
- Occupational information - both printed and computer-based
- Printed job-search information
- Computer-based career assessment (www.careercafe.com)
- Career advisement
- Job search strategies
- Online Job Database
- Resume critique by appointment
- Interview preparation
- Small Business Development resources
- Access to phone & fax
- Resource materials
The Job Development Specialist is available to:
- Review career needs and interests
Who Can Use the Job, Entrepreneur, and Career Center?
- All Porterville College students, alumni, entrepreneurs, and community members can use the career services offered.
What Are The Costs?
- The services provided by the Job, Entrepreneur, and Career Center are FREE!
- Local Job Listings