In support of our mission and values, Porterville College will base its decisions and actions upon the following beliefs:
- All students at Porterville College will be treated with respect and dignity regardless of who they are or the goals they have established for themselves.
- The College staff will provide the best service possible to its students in order for them to meet their individual academic or vocational goals.
- The College will encourage innovation, creativity, and new ideas and will support professional development opportunities for its staff.
- As an integral part of the community, the College will interact with and be responsive to local business and industry.
- As an integral part of the Kern Community College District, the College will participate in and be actively involved with all district-wide committees and governance structures.