Questions that Porterville College students often ask...   and the answers.

Accommodations for disabilities

Does PC provide special accommodations for my disability?

Yes. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) mandate that students with learning, physical, or other types of disabilities receive services to allow an equal experience in education.

Where do I go to request special accommodations?

The Disability Resource Center, located in AC-115.You can also call the office at 791-2215.

What special accommodations does the college offer?

The college offers a variety of accommodations including auxiliary aides, test accommodations, and tutorial. Students with a print disability, a visual limitation or reading difficulty that limits access to traditional print material may request printed materials in alternate media. Examples of alternate media formats include electronic format (e.g., text on CD), Braille, audiotape, and large print.

Is there a cost to receive special accommodations?


Do I have to be a member of the DRC in order to receive accommodations?