Questions that Porterville College students often ask...   and the answers.


Where is the Admissions and Records (A/R) office located?

The Admissions office is located in the Academic Center (AC), room 112.

What are the hours of the Admissions office?

The normal daytime hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. 5:30 p.m., and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. The office is also open Tuesday and Wednesday evenings until 6:30 p.m. These hours are subject to change during the term due to program or staffing needs.

What do I need to do to get admitted at Porterville College?

First, complete the admissions form on the college website go to
www.portervillecollege.edu on the "My BanWeb" link, and then click on "Submit an Admissions or Update form". It is recommended that you call the Counseling to make an appointment to take the assessment and orientation.

Do I have to apply online, or can I complete a hard copy form?

You must apply online. There are no hard copy admissions forms.

Where can I go for help to assist me in the admissions process?

You can get assistance from anyone in the Admissions Office or stop by the Counseling Center in AC-126.

How much does it cost to be admitted?

There is no cost to be admitted. However, once admitted there are enrollment fees required and other fees that may be applied. For further information regarding fees, check the fee schedule in this FAQ or see the catalog on the website at www.portervillecollege.edu.

Can I be admitted while still in high school?

Yes. High school students may enroll as special part-time students by recommendation from the high school principal and permission of their parents. For more information, call the Admissions office at 791-2220.

Do I need my high school transcripts for admission to PC?

No. However, if you are planning to take a transfer-level math class, you must provide your counselor with a copy of your transcripts so he/she can verify that you successfully completed the appropriate prerequisite math class.

I was here years ago, so what do I need to do to get admitted again?

You need to complete an "Update form" which you will find on the college website. Go to
click on the "My BanWeb" link, and then click on the "Submit an Admissions or Update" form. You should then make an appointment to see a counselor.