Questions that Porterville College students often ask...   and the answers.


Who should I call regarding my interest in playing on a team?

You can either call the coach of the team, or the Director of Student Programs/Athletics at 791-2460.

What sports does the college offer?

Women's volleyball, men's and women's basketball, softball, and baseball.

How or where can I contact the Athletic Director?

You can call the Athletic Director at 791-2460. His office is located on the north side of the gymnasium across from the Learning Center.

Who do I see to determine if I am eligible to participate in athletics?

You can discuss your potential eligibility with the Athletic Director or coach. Once you begin to participate, your continued eligibility is based on units enrolled, units completed, and grade point average. These are checked weekly during the season of sport by the Eligibility Coordinator.

How many units do I need to take in order to play a sport?

You must be a full-time student enrolled in at least 12 units.

Does it matter what my grade point average is if I'm a student-athlete?

Yes. You must maintain a 2.0 grade point average to remain eligible to participate in sports.

Does the campus give athletic scholarships?

No, the campus does not provide athletic scholarships. Students may qualify for financial aid as other students do, but the college does not provide any special financial assistance to student-athletes.