Questions that Porterville College students often ask...   and the answers.


What is CalWORKs?

The CalWORKs program provides services to students who receive TANF (Temporary Aid for Needy Families). These services include advising, books, school supplies, child care, job placement, workshops, and a variety of other services and activities.

Where is the CalWORKs office located?

The office is located in the counseling center area, AC-126.

What services does the program offer?

Their services include but are not limited to academic advising, books, school supplies, child care, job placement, resume writing and interview techniques workshops.

What are the hours of the office?

Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m., and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. till noon. The office is also open Tuesday and Wednesday evenings until 6:30 p.m.

How do I make an appointment with someone to determine if I am eligible?

You can either stop by the office in AC-126 or call 791-2303 to make an appointment.

Do I need to maintain a certain grade point average or a certain amount of units to be involved with the program?

Yes, the CalWORKs students must follow the Satisfactory Progress policies set forth by Porterville College. Students need to be enrolled in at least one class.