Questions that Porterville College students often ask...   and the answers.


How much does it cost per unit?

Currently, the cost per unit for in-state students is $46. This amount is subject to change and is set by the state legislatures.

When do I have to pay my fees?

You should pay them when you register. However, you have 10 days after you register to pay your fees and avoid the possibility of being dropped from your classes due to non-payment.

How do I pay my fees?

You can pay either online when you register or at the Admissions and Records counter.

What if I don't pay my fees on time?

You have 10 days after you register to pay your fees. After that, you will be subject to being dropped from your classes.

What other fees am I required to pay?

You are required to pay a health fee (unless you are only enrolled in online courses). The health fee is $12 per fall and spring terms and $9 during summer school. The other required fee is the Student Body Operating and Building fee which is $1 per credit with a total maximum charge of $5. These fees may be subject to change.

Do I have to purchase a parking sticker?

Yes, if you plan to park on campus. No, if you park on a side street.

Do I have to pay the health fee?

Yes, unless you are taking only online classes.

What is the benefit of purchasing an ASPC card?

The ASPC card provides a variety of discounts at the bookstore, cafeteria, and sometimes at community businesses. In addition, students with ASPC cards attend all campus events free of charge.

What is a "materials" fee?

Some courses have specific materials that students need to purchase in order to complete some assignments or activities in the class. These materials must also be of value to the student outside of the classroom setting. The costs of these fees vary according to the class and are due at the time of registration.

What is the "Student Body Operating and Buildings (Student Center)" fee?

This is a $1 fee for each unit enrolled up to a maximum charge of $5. Therefore, the most a student can be charged per term is $5. This fee goes toward equipment, supplies, or materials that enhance the Student Center and its services for students.

Since I'm only taking online classes and not on campus, do I have to pay the health fee?


How do I qualify for a fee waiver?

You need to apply for financial aid to determine if you qualify for a fee waiver. Check out the college website at www.portervillecollege.edu or stop by the financial aid office in AC-103 and the staff can explain the process to apply for financial aid.