Questions that Porterville College students often ask...   and the answers.

High school students

How can I enroll at PC while still in high school?

There are a variety of forms you need to complete that you can pick up at the Admissions and Records office. You will need to secure permission from your parents and be recommended by your high school principal.

Will the classes I take at PC count toward high school or college credit?

Credits earned will be applied toward college credit and may also be applied toward high school credit. You will need to speak with your high school personnel to determine if these courses will count toward high school credit, too.

Am I limited to a certain number of units that I can take at PC while still in high school?

Yes, you can only be a part-time student (less than 12 units) at the college while still enrolled at high school.

Do I have to have a certain GPA at high school in order to enroll at PC?

Since these are college-level courses, you should be in excellent academic standing at the high school. Again, you must be recommended by your principal and he/she can determine if you are academically strong enough to succeed in college courses.

Do I have to have my parent/guardians’ permission to enroll at PC?