Questions that Porterville College students often ask...   and the answers.

Returning students

It's been years since I've been at PC, what do I need to do to get re-enrolled?

Go to the website at www.portervillecollege.edu and complete an update form. You should then call 791-2329 or stop by the counseling center in AC-126 to make an appointment to speak with a counselor regarding your readmission.

Do I have to take the placement test again?

No. However, if it has been several years since you took it you may want to consider taking the assessment again in case your skill level in writing and reading has changed.

Do the courses I took years ago still count?

In most cases, yes. However, some divisions may require certain major prerequisite courses to be completed within the last 5 years or so, but a counselor can assist you with that determination. Also, if it has been a very long time since you completed English or mathematics, you may want to consider repeating those courses as a refresher.

Should I follow the requirements of the catalog I started with or another one?

Students may choose to meet degree requirements from one of two catalogs: a) the catalog in effect at the time of graduation, or b) the catalog in effect at the time the student last began continuous enrollment leading to graduation (in most cases, this is the catalog in effect when the student first enrolled).Most of the time, students graduate under the catalog that they started under.

How to use this site:

For an example, if you have a question about "Registration", you would click on the "R" link at the top of the page, then you will find links on the left-hand side of the page covering topics beginning with the letter R.

However, in this case, when you click on "Registering" in the menu, you are prompted to check questions relating to "Enrolling."

Questions are listed in the main section of the web page, click on the triangle to expand the question to see the answer.