Questions that Porterville College students often ask...   and the answers.

Security and safety

Does the campus have a security officer on duty?

Yes. The officers are not full-time police officers, but rather security officers who work in close coordination with the police department.

Where is the security office located?

AC-111 and the phone number is 791-2440.

What are the hours of the security officer?

The office hours vary, but a security officer is available during the day and evening.

Where do I go to report a crime or security concern?

You should report a crime or security concern to any staff member on campus.

Can I have an escort to my car after a night class?

Yes. Campus cadets are available to escort you to and from your night classes. Contact the coordinator of the cadet program at 791-2362 to arrange for escort assistance.

I have a restraining order against my spouse, should I tell someone?

Yes. You should notify the security officer/coordinator in AC-111 (791-2443). If at any time you have any concerns about your spouse being on campus please contact the security officer or any staff person on campus.

Porterville College Safety and Security website

How to use this site:

For an example, if you have a question about "Registration", you would click on the "R" link at the top of the page, then you will find links on the left-hand side of the page covering topics beginning with the letter R.

However, in this case, when you click on "Registering" in the menu, you are prompted to check questions relating to "Enrolling."

Questions are listed in the main section of the web page, click on the triangle to expand the question to see the answer.