Questions that Porterville College students often ask...   and the answers.

Undeclared/undecided major

I’m not sure what my major will be yet, where can I go for help?

Many students are undeclared majors. To help with making career choices, you should speak with a counselor. You can stop by the counseling center in AC-126 or call 791-2329 to make an appointment.

How soon should I declare a major?

The sooner you can declare a major, the sooner you can get started on completing the requirements for the major. Even though the majority of students enter the college without a declared major, you are encouraged to work with a counselor to decide on a major as soon as you can.

How do I declare a major?

Once you have decided on a major, you should go to the college website and complete an “update form” where you will indicate your major. Go to “MyBanWeb” on the college website and follow the instructions.

What do I need to do if I change my major later?

It is always recommended that you discuss the change in major with a counselor so he/she can explain the requirements for your new major. Then, go to “MyBanWeb” on the college website at www.portervillecollege.edu and complete an “update form” where you will enter your new major into the system.

How to use this site:

For an example, if you have a question about "Registration", you would click on the "R" link at the top of the page, then you will find links on the left-hand side of the page covering topics beginning with the letter R.

However, in this case, when you click on "Registering" in the menu, you are prompted to check questions relating to "Enrolling."

Questions are listed in the main section of the web page, click on the triangle to expand the question to see the answer.