Questions that Porterville College students often ask...   and the answers.


What is IGETC?

IGETC is the pattern of general education courses students must complete who are planning to transfer to a UC after graduating from Porterville College. Students can also choose this pattern if they are transferring to a CSU, in addition to the CSU GE Breadth requirements.

Should I follow the IGETC requirements or another general education pattern?

If you are transferring to a UC you must follow IGETC. If you are transferring to a CSU, you can choose either IGETC or the CSU GE Breadth requirements checklist.

Where can I get a copy of an IGETC checklist?

These are available in the counseling center (AC-126) or from the college website at www.portervillecollege.edu. Click on the "Counseling" link, then "Academic advising" to locate the checklists.

Do I need to maintain a certain grade point average in my IGETC courses?

Yes. All courses on IGETC must be completed with a "C" or better.