(You must be a California resident)

California Community Colleges Board of Governors Wavier (BOGW):

Each semester students are assessed a fee of $46.00 per credit. The Board of Governors Waiver provides a student with three methods to determine eligibility.

Method A: At the time of enrollment the student and/or parents must be recipients of AFDC (Aid of Families with Dependent Children) or SSI/SSP (Supplemental Security Income/State Supplementary Program) or General Assistance/General Relief.

Method B: Students must meet the income scale to be considered. $33,525 for a family of four (4) and $5,730 for each additional family member. Students wishing to apply for Method A or B may obtain the BOGW form from the Financial Aid Office.

Method C: Students must have a Student Aid Application on file in the Financial Aid Office with an unmet need of at least $1288.00 to be considered for this wavier.

Extended Opportunity Program and Services-EOPS:

The EOPS program provides students with Academic Advising, Counseling, Transfer Information, Peer Advisers, Book Awards, Grants, and Meal Tickets. Students must be attending full time (12 units), BOGW A or B eligible, and be academically disadvantaged as described in the Title V of the EOPS regulations.

Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (C.A.R.E.):

CARE students must qualify for EOPS, be single head of household, be a recipient of Temporary Aid for Needy Families (TANF), and have a child 14 years of age or younger. The program provides academic advising, counseling, career assessment, career motivation workshops, and monthly workshops.

Cal Grant Program:

Cal Grant A can be used for tuition and fees at public and private colleges as well as some occupational and career colleges at university level.  At CSU and UC schools, this Cal Grant covers up to the full system wide fees of $5472 and $12192, respectively.  If you are attending a private college, it pays up to $9223 towards tuition and fees.  To get this Cal Grant, you need to be working toward a bachelor’s degree. Cal Grant A is not available at community colleges.

Cal Grant B provides low-income students with a living allowance and assistance with tuition and fees. Most first-year students receive an allowance of up to $1,473 for books and living expenses. After the freshman year, Cal Grant B also helps pay tuition and fees in the same amount as a Cal Grant A. For a Cal Grant B, your coursework must be for at least one academic year.

Cal Grant C awards help pay for tuition and training costs at occupational or career colleges. This $547 award is for books, tools and equipment. To qualify, you must enroll in a vocational program that is at least four months long at a California Community College, private college, or a vocational school. Funding is available for up to two years, depending on the length of your program.

California CHAFEE Grant for Foster Youth:

If you are or were in foster care and have financial need, you may qualify for up to $5,000 a year for career and technical training or college. You do not have to pay this money back. You may also be able to use your grant to help pay for child care, transportation and rent while you're in school. You can use your Chafee Grant at any eligible California college or university, career or technical school, as well as schools in other states.

To qualify: Students must be a current or former foster youth and not have reached their 22nd birthday as of July 1 of the award year. The California Department of Social Services will determine your foster youth eligibility status. In addition, students must have financial need, enroll in at least half time in an eligible school, the program of study must be at least one academic year long and the student must attend class regularly and get good grades.

Financial Aid Site Navigation